Friday, September 7, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Part 3

I could not leave Augusta, GA without visiting Sue Reynolds Elementary!! I could never have imagined just how much I would miss this school! When August came around with the hype of another school year, I was very sad I would not be taking part in the fun! I used to get so excited at the start of another year- new challenges, visiting with new and old students and being back with my friends.

I know I was placed in Augusta, GA to make a difference and I am so thankful God gave me the opportunity to work at such a wonderful school. My faith grew leaps and bounds since I stepped foot in that building. Here I was, a lady right out of college, first year of teaching, having no clue what lay in store. I was very uncomfortable, but challenges forced me rely on my God. He asked me to give my all each and every day (Colossians 3:23) and that is just what I strived for! Four years later, I can look back and appreciate all the blessings and hardships I endured. 

Many have asked if I am going to return to teaching one day. My reply, I don't know. I loved teaching! It is a career in which I believe I was using my talents to bring glory and honor to God. I am so thankful to be given the opportunity to stay at home with my son as he grows and develops. However, if I feel called to return to the classroom, I will not hesitate! I also look forward to using my talents in different settings- children's ministry at church, inner city ministry, or helping other moms with babysitting. 

I am so proud of the work that is taking place at Sue Reynolds! I miss my colleagues and students tremendously! I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I was given to teach at this school!

Andrew's first time in the pricipal's office! :) 

Some of my wonderful colleagues! 
Catching up with everyone!

Angie meeting Andrew!
Two of my first grade colleagues- Kim and Angie!
Interrupting Marci's room! 
Oh how I miss these ladies!!
Another great first grade teammate! 
Andrew meeting some of my students!  They had heard him compared to an olive, an orange, a peach, a watermelon and so on! He was a big part to our year! I couldn't wait to introduce him!!

The Cutest Blog on the Block

">