Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2013


The month of October was filled with many fun fall activities for our family! First on the list: carving a family pumpkin.
 As you can see, Andrew "helped" Daddy a whole lot!

 Our sweet, happy boy enjoying this new tradition!

 Oh these boys!!

Yay for our first family pumpkin!

David sure did a great job carving this pumpkin!

Next on our list was Trunk-or-Treat. I love to have fun with costumes when I have the time! This year's idea started from a cow costume I found at a consignment sale. As I was laying in bed one night trying to figure out what David and I could dress up as to go along with Andrew's costume, the Chick-fil-A cow popped up in my brain! (could have been because I was craving it... hehe) My mind started rolling from there. A friend of ours used to work there and let us borrow some official Chick-fil-A shirts. I made the sign to go in front of Andrew's costume that read, "Eat Mor Chikin". I also contacted the marketing rep from our favorite Brentwood Chick-fil-A location to see if we could use/borrow any merchandise or signs to use to decorate our trunk. Unfortunately due to their contract with their advertising company, she could not give me anything with the official Chick-fil-A logo; however, she could give me coupons and stuffed cows to give out to the trick-or-treaters! (Yay!!) Since we needed things to hang in our trunk, Mom and/or I ate at Chick-fil-A every day for a week leading up to the event collecting any cups, wrappers, bags or boxes- ya know, taking one for the team! ;) Everything came together so well! Surprisingly, Andrew loved his wearing his costume!! He was such a great sport! 



 
 

The next day, Andrew and I attended our life group's "Super-Hero" Halloween party. Our life group combined with another life group from our church to make this one, big festive party.... and what a party it was!! Emily Yingling and Kris Jordan did such an amazing job decorating the house to match the theme so well! (seriously... AMAZING!) The food, fellowship and decor was wonderful! We are so glad to be a part of such a wonderful group of friends!

  
My little Superman!
 
Lois Lane and Superman

 How fun are my friends?!

Unfortunately, Halloween day was filled with bad weather causing our electricity to go out in our neighborhood and tornado watches for hours in addition to David working all day/night. Needlesstosay, Andrew and I stayed in for the night. We definitely had our Halloween fun prior to that day!





The Cutest Blog on the Block

">