Saturday, July 14, 2012

2 Weeks Old and Our 4 Year Anniversary!

Our little man is already 2 weeks old!! He is quickly growing out of newborn clothes. I cannot believe how quickly he is growing! I really need to brag on my sweet son! He has done such a good job eating this past week! I have heard such horror stories about breastfeeding and I am so thankful Andrew is doing so well with it. We are trying to follow the Babywise routine of eating for about 20-30 mins, wake time and then nap. It is so fun to watch Andrew during his wake time. He is making such good progress with lifting his head, turning from side to side and making eye contact. This is one of our favorite times of the day. After some wake time, it is then time for some sleep. This is one area we are working on. Of course, he does great if we rock him to sleep in our rocker; however, we really want to help him learn how to go to sleep on his own. I'll admit, this is very hard for me. Hearing your own baby cry is not fun, but I know it is what's best for him. 

Becoming a parent has really given me a new appreciation of my heavenly Father. I am sure He does not enjoy watching his children cry, but if we never went through challenges, we would never grow in our faith. Listening to my sweet little boy cry breaks my heart, but I know this is helping him grow and learn how to cope in this world. I love my son so much and want only what is best for him. I love how God is continually teaching and stretching me. 

Even though naps have been a little challenging, Andrew is doing a great job sleeping at night. He eats at 10:00 p.m., goes straight to sleep afterwards, eats again at 3:00 a.m, goes right back to sleep and wakes up at 6:00 a.m. for his morning feeding. Yay for good night sleeping!! We look forward to our morning feedings because we get to see Daddy before he heads to work!

 Andrew enjoying his new play mat during his wake time!
 Andrew loves snuggling in Gran and Papa's bed in the mornings!
 He loves looking out the window in the mornings!
 Best bouncer!! Andrew sleeps so well in it!
Just being cute! :)

 Nap time with Daddy!

This last week, David and I also celebrated our 4 year anniversary! After Andrew's 7:00 feeding, we left him in the hands of Gran, Papa and Aunt Jenna and headed out to a quick dinner. It felt so great to get dressed up after 2 weeks of wearing pajamas and comfy clothes! :) It was also so refreshing to spend one-on-one time with my husband. Gran was great to send us pics of Andrew reassuring us that he was okay! As we sat and looked back on our last year of marriage, we realized we have so much to be thankful for. In this last year David matched at Baptist and Vanderbilt, I had one of the best years of work while receiving a great honor in my county, David graduated from medical school, we moved back to my hometown of Nashville and we were blessed with a healthy, little boy! Along with these sweet blessings, we were also faced with many challenges along the way, but are so thankful God continues to mold and strengthen us. I am so thankful to have spent 4 years with David and look forward to what God has in store for our family in this next year!


About to head out for our Anniversary date!
My sweet family of 3!!


The Cutest Blog on the Block

">