Friday, July 20, 2012

3 Weeks Old!

        This last week, we had a lot to look forward to! PaPaw and Nana (Joe and Gloria) were planning on coming to visit their sweet grandson this last weekend. Unfortunately, both of them woke up with a head cold on Friday morning. :( Needless to say, they did not want to bring any germs to our newborn so they decided to postpone their trip to a further date. We were sad upon hearing the news, but look forward to the next time we get to see them!

       Along with the visit, we were also looking forward to taking Andrew to church for the first time. With being a new mommy, I was very hesitant to alter Andrew's schedule, but I am so glad we got to do this! Sometimes I can get so consumed with following a schedule and I am so glad we decided to go ahead with our decision. It only took us waking up 30 mins earlier than normal and Andrew was absolutely perfect! I cannot even describe the feelings I had walking into my church home with my son in my arms. I could not wait to introduce him to the loving people that have watched me grow up in the church. At the beginning of service, the elders asked our family and another sweet family that had just had a baby to join them up on stage. At this time, the elders prayed over our families. I look up to these men and are so proud of the way they shepard our congregation. Having them pray on our behalf was such a sweet moment for me. Also, having my dad as one of the elders just made it so much more special. Andrew did a great job throughout the service. We made it close to the end and then I had to take him out to eat. After eating, we joined our friends in the foyer to fellowship. It was so great to see the smiles on everyone's faces as they came to welcome Andrew. Since Andrew was doing so well, we were even able to join my parents for the traditional Sunday lunch at Blue Coast. It was so nice to be able to get out and feel like a normal person again! 

Ready for our first visit to church!


   
Andrew with his first Bible.

     
The elders praying over our families.

Can you see the pride in our faces?!

       In addition to our first church outing, we have also ventured out to other places this last week. Fortunately, Andrew loves his carseat, so it makes our outings much more pleasurable. We've been able to visit The Well- a non-profit coffee house started by many members of our church that give their proceeds to help bring water to other countries lacking this main need, Chick-fil-a with Kelsey and her sweet girls that she babysits, Bread & Co with mom and Jenna, and bible study Wednesday night. Andrew did such a great job during all those outings! Andrew's great grandmother, Rose Fox, was also able to visit this week. It was so much fun introducing her to her new great-grandson!

Four generations- Rose Fox, Jeff Fox, Jessie Fox Herren and Andrew Herren.

       Andrew's feedings have continued to go smoothly along with his bath time and night sleeping. We are still working on naps during the day, but pray that he picks up on this real soon! We head to the doctor next week for his 1 month check up. I can't wait to see how much he weighs! I know he's growing because my little newborn is no longer fitting in his newborn clothes! Wow! Time is flying by!

Snuggle time with mommy after his morning feeding!
Morning time gazing out the window! He loves this!
Look who is sleeping in his big boy crib for the first time! 

David is continuing to enjoy his job at Baptist. He is close to completing his first rotation. He has seen patients in the ER this month. Needless to say, he has come home with some pretty interesting stories. He really appreciates the kind attendings he has been working with and feels very blessed to have this placement. Fortunately, he has been able to get off of work around 6pm and runs home to see us. I love watching  him walk in the door and run over to Andrew and me with a big smile on his face. He looks so happy! :)

More to come next week....

The Cutest Blog on the Block

">