Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekend in St. Louis!

Last weekend, David and I made the trip to St. Louis, MO! Two of our best friends from med school, Pace and Sarah Johnston, are now living there for residency along with one of David's friends from GA Tech, Jennifer Sehn. Jennifer was getting married this weekend, so we thought it would be a great time to visit our friends. My wonderful parents kept Andrew for the weekend. It was our first weekend away from him and he did great! Yay! Relief to this mommy!! The Johnstons are wonderful hosts! They did a great job showing us the highlights of the city! We had such a great time! 

Back together again!! 

Did I mention Sarah and I are both expecting a baby 3 days apart?!?! Can't believe I get to experience this excitement with one of my best friends!!!

First stop, Soulard Farmer's Market. One of the oldest markets in America.


Such a neat atmosphere!

Don't worry.. I was able to find the one donut stand in the mist of the fresh produce!

This pregnant mommy sure is happy!

Typical! David with his banana and me with a donut!

On to the St. Louis Gateway Arch!

Such a neat experience!!

Visiting the museum under the arch. David could have stayed there all day!

Enjoying the tour.

Baby pic inside the beautiful Union Station Hotel.


Lunch at Crepes: etc.

First time crepes for me!

Oh yum!!

St. Louis is also home to the World Chess Hall of Fame.

Biggest chess piece in the world.

Tour of Washington University.

After touring the city, it was time to celebrate with Jennifer!

The reception was at the Botanical Gardens. Absolutely beautiful!!!


The gorgeous dining room!

Our table. Sadly, my phone died here and I forgot my camera... Couldn't get a picture with the happy couple.

Sunday morning, we attended Central Presbyterian with Sarah. Pace had to go into work this day.

Then on to the FREE St. Louis Zoo!!!

Our favorite exhibit- penguins!!!

Happy day with my hubby!

These two pregnant mommies were tired!

Baby elephant! Too cute!


Lunch at the Posh Nosh.

Enjoying a St. Louis favorite ooey gooey butter cake! 

The next few pictures are what Gran and Papa sent to us during the weekend to ensure Andrew was happy! I love technology!

One of Andrew's favorite places, Papa's arms.


This boy loves his trucks!

Yay for eating your food Andrew!!

hehe!! Happy Boy!!

Andrew loves his Gran and Papa!! Thank you mom and dad for loving our little boy and taking such great care of him!!




The Cutest Blog on the Block

">